Book Review: Faithlife Study Bible
Description of Content:
No matter where you are on your faith journey, there’s always more to explore in God’s Word. Dive in and feed your curiosity with the NIV Faithlife Study Bible.
Filled with innovative graphics and rich commentary, this visually stunning study Bible delivers helpful insights designed to inform your faith. Robust study notes are built on the original languages and adapted from the popular Faithlife Study Bible app, which has reached over one million readers.
The balance of striking graphics, comprehensive study features, and intriguing insights from multiple points of view will keep you curious as you explore the treasures of God’s Word.
· The full text of the most read, most trusted modern-English Bible – the New International Version (NIV)
· In depth book introductions that include an outline and information on authorship, background, structure, themes, and a map, a timeline, or both
· Verse-by-verse study notes with the unique focus of revealing nuances from the original biblical languages for modern readers
· Informative contributions by respected scholars and best-selling authors including Charles Stanley, Randy Alcorn, and Ed Stetzer, among others
· Over 100 innovative full color infographics, comprehensive timelines and informative tables to enrich Bible study
· Three detailed life-of-Jesus event timelines chronicling his infancy and early ministry, the journey to Jerusalem, and the passion and resurrection
· 27 family trees and people diagrams illustrate the interconnectedness of key characters in Scripture
· Helpful overview articles give a bird’s-eye view of the books of the Bible, noting the type of literature and key themes of each book.
· 14 original color maps at the back of the Bible provide historical and geographical context for key events of the Old and New Testaments
This bible gives the reader a genuine text analysis in the new international version. The font size is very readable and a larger print than most study bibles. The pages are thicker than most study bibles - double columns pages provide ample space and durability for note taking and writing in the margins. The easy to reference definitions are helpful – the color maps are a good addition.
Overall, a good addition to any library and my first go to study bible.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”