Title: I AM; A 60 Day Journey to Knowing Who You Are Because of Who He Is.
Author: Michele Cushatt
This book will solve all of your problems.
This book is a cup of hot coffee, a ginormous bar of chocolate, or the magical fairy that comes over and does your dishes while you lie in the fetal position clutching a fluffy pillow.
Sometimes when life falls apart the only acceptable response is hysterical laughter. When things get so far gone, so spectacularly a world away from any plans you made or dreams you dreamed, you feel it bubbling up inside of you and you scream, “It’s not fair!” And it isn’t. Fair is an illusion, and life is weird.
This book will help you laugh at life’s absurd backhands. This book is an empathetic groan of our collective unfairnesses. You might want to throw it across the room, and you might want to hug it like your new best friend. This book is about us sitting down together in our shared mess, taking a deep breath, gripping hands, looking the hard stuff in its beady little eyeballs, and bahahahaaing at it.
Life’s not fair, but we can learn to love this life we didn’t choose.
This book keeps things so real! Questions, doubts, trials of life - all right here. Filled with heartwarming stories, reassuring scripture and plain ol' good advice. I couldn't put it down!
This book reminds you that you aren't the only one in a situation, and reminds you that you choose your reaction to any situation. Your attitude about an issue is key.
The book is organized in a 60 day format, that is very readable. Ms. Cushatt does an excellent job!
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
Friday, March 17, 2017
Monday, March 13, 2017
Book Review: Faithlife Study Bible
Description of Content:
No matter where you are on your faith journey, there’s always more to explore in God’s Word. Dive in and feed your curiosity with the NIV Faithlife Study Bible.
Filled with innovative graphics and rich commentary, this visually stunning study Bible delivers helpful insights designed to inform your faith. Robust study notes are built on the original languages and adapted from the popular Faithlife Study Bible app, which has reached over one million readers.
The balance of striking graphics, comprehensive study features, and intriguing insights from multiple points of view will keep you curious as you explore the treasures of God’s Word.
· The full text of the most read, most trusted modern-English Bible – the New International Version (NIV)
· In depth book introductions that include an outline and information on authorship, background, structure, themes, and a map, a timeline, or both
· Verse-by-verse study notes with the unique focus of revealing nuances from the original biblical languages for modern readers
· Informative contributions by respected scholars and best-selling authors including Charles Stanley, Randy Alcorn, and Ed Stetzer, among others
· Over 100 innovative full color infographics, comprehensive timelines and informative tables to enrich Bible study
· Three detailed life-of-Jesus event timelines chronicling his infancy and early ministry, the journey to Jerusalem, and the passion and resurrection
· 27 family trees and people diagrams illustrate the interconnectedness of key characters in Scripture
· Helpful overview articles give a bird’s-eye view of the books of the Bible, noting the type of literature and key themes of each book.
· 14 original color maps at the back of the Bible provide historical and geographical context for key events of the Old and New Testaments
This bible gives the reader a genuine text analysis in the new international version. The font size is very readable and a larger print than most study bibles. The pages are thicker than most study bibles - double columns pages provide ample space and durability for note taking and writing in the margins. The easy to reference definitions are helpful – the color maps are a good addition.
Overall, a good addition to any library and my first go to study bible.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”